This turtle is specifically designed to use in the oven! I have added liner, that way you won’t have any chance of hot stuff falling through the little holes. The only thing is that I for some reason used white thread when sewing the lining in, which doesn’t look too bad but I will make sure I use the same color of thread so it doesn’t look strange.
I made the turtle shell removable, and it can be used as a pot holder!
I debated on adding arms and legs, but since it’s designed as an oven mitt I didn’t want the legs going into a casserole or cookies.
I love the way it turned out!
I made adjustments from my duck puppet and created an oven mitt!
I am going to add some lining on the inside then it will be ready for use.
Wanda wanted to do something different with her hair, but was unsure what to do. She went to the stylist and decided that having multiple colors would help make her unique. So, the hair stylist put some pink, orange and purple in her hair.
When she looked in the mirror she couldn’t believe her eyes! She sure would be unique now!
This has to be one of the most entertaining puppets I have made, especially making it head bang and having hair fly all over the place.
Have you ever had an inspiring moment for a cute project, then when you admire what you have done so far, you realize that #1 you didn’t write down what you did #2 there are certain parts that need to be done first or #3 you forget to measure to make sure it fits.
First off, I wanted to make a hand puppet where you move the hands of the puppet with your fingers. The idea is to be able to fit 2-3 fingers into the head portion and one finger in each of the arms, but I wanted it to look a little more like a person rather person wearing a sheet. I was attempting to make a neck and a round looking head… and well, I have had to take a little break from project because I have done all three of the above.
I didn’t write down what I was doing, so I would know what adjustments need done.
I started to make the head and was working on getting the area for the arms, only to realize that I didn’t even make arms yet.
I also didn’t measure and had already made adjustments to it because not even one finger could fit into the head part. I now can uncomfortably fit two of my fingers in the head.
If I continue to try to salvage what I have done so far, it might turn into a monstrosity
I think it’s back to the drawing board for this one.
I recently switched to a new position at my job which requires me to travel to the office. I don’t have a lot of free time right now so I may not have as many posts this month.
Here is a panda bear hand puppet, hope you enjoy it!
My family is participating in the community play, Peter Pan, and my sister-in-law gave me the idea to make some little finger puppets that were related to the play.
I was uncertain if I wanted to do finger puppets, I was thinking that they may have not turned out well or they would take a long time to make. After playing around and trying a few things I really like the way these ones turned out. They did not take a lot of time to make and even though they are they did take some experimenting with some different designs I made, I think they are really cute!
So far I have created:
- Captain Hook (I used an earring for his hook)
- Peter Pan
- Wendy (I switched her hair to be darker
- Tinker Bell
I am sure there will be more coming soon!
**I do not claim these characters as my own however I created all of the pieces for each characters, of course they are not perfect and feedback is appreciated!
**I did also use safety eyes for these puppets so they can be a potential choking hazard for very little children.
This is the first one that is different then the face puppets. I thought it would be fun to make a ghost one however I knew I wanted to make one with little arms. So after some playing around here’s a cute ghost with big eyes!
This one is for little hands but I will have a larger one as well!
I made two smaller sized sheep. One with the “fluffy” look and the other plain. I really like the look of the fluffy one! Since it’s a larger stitch it does need to be adjusted so it’s not too big but I love the way it looks on the sheep! I may adjust the stitch so that it’s smaller, both the big and the little have the same size bobble stitch.
If your wondering how to do the bobble stitch click here
I’m not entirely sure if I like the look of this one yet. I think I am going to make major changes to it so that it looks more “cat like” I need to find a way to be able to make the whiskers look less like a mustache, I attempted to use thin wire and crochet around it but I do not know if I want to have to have wire in t even though it’s really thin and used for floral arrangements.
I may just use thinner yarn for the whiskers, I used the same size yarn for the puppet and the whiskers, that may look better. I also attempted to spray the whiskers so that they wouldn’t fall down as much, but it left it a little sticky .
The duck is finished! I adjusted the top part so that the beak wasn’t so long causing the eyes to sit really far back.